Polzeath and surrounding area
The holiday properties are situated just 25 m from the beach in the heart of beautiful Polzeath, perfectly positioned if you just want to leave your car in the allocated space all week and enjoy living by the sea in Cornwall. Polzeath is a bustling seaside village with a lovely golden sand surf beach, situated at the mouth of the Camel Estuary on the north Cornwall coast. It has many great amenities including a well stocked supermarket, post office and several good restaurants. Close to many lovely coastal resorts including Rock (2 miles), Daymer Bay(1 mile), Port Isaac (7 miles) and Padstow (15 miles).
Polzeath is a great base from which to explore all the Camel Estuary has to offer.
Activities in the area are endless, but listed are a few popular choices.
- Water Sports: Surfing, Boogie boarding, kite surfing, windsurfing, canoeing, sailing, water-skiing, wake boarding.
- Coastal and countryside walks: the coastal path, the camel trail, the Saints Way. The surrounding area is designated an area of outstanding natural beauty with lovely cliff and country walks. An area rich in interesting bird and other wildlife. Puffins and dolphins can often been spotted.
- Golf: Many local courses including championship courses at nearby Trevose and St Enodoc.
- Eating out: Many excellent pubs and restaurants in the area including The Waterfront in Polzeath, Rick Stein in Padstow and Jamie Oliver’s new Fifteen at Watergate Bay.
- Family: A choice of several superb sandy beaches (most are lifeguarded in high season), and rock pools. Numerous attractions for rainy days such as The Eden Project, Shire Horse Adventure park, Aquarium, and the Bird of Prey Centre.
For more information on Polzeath and surrounding area we recommend the following links: